Payment & Fees
- What is SideTour?
- We’re an NYC-based curation company that finds the best underground stuff happening in your city and delivers it to you in the form of experiences. We love discovering hidden gems and connecting people in the real world. Check out more about us here.
- Can I ask a question about an experience before I purchase?
- Yes! If you have a question about an experience, just click “Ask a Question” on the experience page and send us a message. We’ll get back to you via email ASAP.
- How do I know if a host is really qualified?
- We personally vet all of our hosts to make sure they’ve got what it takes to lead an awesome experience. We’re always on the lookout for the most uniquely qualified people and we take great pride in each and every host that we choose.
- What if my plans change? Is there a cancellation/refund policy?
- Sorry! Unfortunately because we don’t host the experiences ourselves, we are unable to give refunds. If you can’t make it, we suggest contacting the host directly to see if any alternative arrangements can be made.
- How do I book an experience on SideTour?
- To get started, click “Book Now” on the experience page. You’ll be sent to a checkout page where you can enter your payment information and finish your purchase.
- How will I know where to meet my host?
- Soon after you book an experience, you’ll receive an email with a confirmation of your purchase, the start location, and any other relevant information the host would like to share with you prior to the start time.
- Who can host experiences on SideTour?
- The short answer is anyone! SideTour was founded on the belief that everyone has something interesting and exciting to share. They’re “expert” artists, actors, chefs, educators, students, explorers, philosophers, shoppers, collectors, talkers, walkers, runners and rock climbers.
- What experiences should I host?
- We recommend starting with the things that you feel uniquely qualified for and are excited to show others. The inspiration could come from a hobby, your favorite neighborhood hot spot, or something you enjoy doing with friends. Browsing the site could also help spark ideas. The breadth of what you can offer is limited only by your creativity and imagination. Email us if you need help!
- If I submit an experience, is it guaranteed to be posted on SideTour?
- Not necessarily. SideTour reviews all applications to ensure that they meet our Community Guidelines and that they’re consistent with our promise to offer unique experiences. Once we receive a submission, we’ll evaluate it and contact you to get more info.
- Why should I host an experience?
Become a Host.
- How long should my experience last?
- There’s no hard and fast rule. It depends on the nature of the experience and what you believe will be a manageable commitment for you and your guests. Most SideTour experiences last 1-2 hours, but there are definitely exceptions.
- How do I price my experience?
- Pricing for experiences on SideTour range from free/donation-based to hundreds of dollars. A good starting point is to think about the cost of any materials (e.g., food/drinks, paint, etc.) or equipment you need for the experience, the cost of your time and effort, and the nature of the experience (i.e., how easily can others access the experience). You can also browse pricing for similar experiences. And remember SideTour collects a transaction fee, so price accordingly.
- Can I control the maximum or minimum number of people for an experience?
Definitely! When you complete the SideTour
Become a Host.
form, you will be asked to set the maximum and minimum number of guests for each experience.
- I prefer to stop taking reservations 24-48 before the experience start time. Is that a problem?
- That’s entirely up to you. In the application, just let us know when you’d like to “close booking” and we will note it on your experience page.
- What if my guest is late or doesn’t show up?
- If your guest arrives more than 15 minutes late for the experience, you may, but are not obligated to honor the purchase. In the event you choose not to honor the purchase for this reason, you will still be paid the full amount, less SideTour’s transaction fee.
- What if I need to edit my profile / experience?
During our beta launch, if you have any edits or changes to your profile or experience, simply email
with your requests and we’ll update your info. We are working on adding a full tool suite for our hosts that will allow you to independently manage your profile.
- How does the scheduling process work?
- This will be part of the new tool. Currently, we ask that you list three dates/times that work for you. We’ll work with you to make sure the schedule we choose works for you.
Payment & Fees
- What does SideTour charge for listing and marketing an experience?
- Listing an experience on SideTour is totally free! For each spot sold on an event that hits it's minimum, you will receive 70% of the purchase price (less a 2.5% credit card processing fee). Please keep this in mind when you’re pricing your experience.
- If I host an experience, how and when will I get paid?
- We pay all of our hosts by direct deposit via ACH. You can expect to receive full payment for the experience approximately 7-10 days after the experience has ended.
Did our FAQ page fail you? No need to panic. Just email us at